Who We Are
We are an insurance company that cares. Travelers takes on the risk and provides the coverage you need to protect the things that are important to you – your home, your car, your valuables and your business – so you don’t have to worry. We have been around for more than 160 years and have earned a reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry because we take care of our customers. Our expertise and focus on innovation have made us a leader in personal, business and specialty insurance and the only property casualty company in the Dow Jones Industrial Average. Every day, our approximately 30,000 employees and 13,500 independent agents and brokers in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Ireland and Brazil help provide peace of mind to our customers.
• Approximately 30,000 employees.
• Total assets of approximately $103 billion and shareholders’ equity of approximately $24 billion as of Dec. 31, 2017.
• Total revenue of approximately $29 billion in 2017.
• Top three writer of personal insurance through independent agents in the United States, including number one in homeowners
• The largest writer of workers compensation insurance in the United States
• The largest writer of commercial property insurance in the United States
Travelers products sold at American Midwest Agency, Inc.
In The Community
We have a responsibility to be a good corporate citizen and actively contribute to the vitality and resilience of the communities we serve. Below are just a few examples of this commitment:
• In 2017, Travelers and the Travelers Foundation provided more than $22 million in community support, for a total of more than $215 million over the past decade.
• Travelers employees logged more than 143,500 corporate and personal volunteer hours in 2017.
• In partnership with KaBOOM!, employees dedicated more than 4,200 hours to building playgrounds in six U.S. cities to benefit more than 4,600 kids.
• Travelers is the proud sponsor of the Travelers Championship®, a best-in-class PGA TOUR® event that has generated more than $37 million for New England charities since 1952.
Since Travelers became title sponsor in 2007, the event has generated more than $14.5 million for charity
Awards and recognition
• World’s Most Admired Companies, Fortune, 2006–2018
• Noteworthy Company, DiversityInc, 2013–2017
• Military Friendly® Employer, Victory Media, 2007–2017
• Best for Vets, Military Times, 2014–2017
• Best Places to Work for LGBT Equality, Human Rights
Campaign Foundation, 2016–2018
• America’s Best Employers, Forbes, 2016–2017